Mar 1, 2009

Because it Takes a Real Man to Beat up a 15 Year Old


I really, really dislike the police. I understand the necessity for order within our society, but the police have never been the way to create or maintain that order, and in fact have taken and continue to take the integrity of our nation and our legal system down the toilet on a nearly weekly basis. The only reason pigs aren't caught doing fucked up shit on a daily basis is because they, like any well run system of organized crime, are good at not getting caught.

However, in this case in Seattle, they slipped up just enough to catch a few of their shining stars beating the hell out of a 15 year old girl. A little girl who, for all of her big talk (you can't hear it but we were all 15 once...) cannot in any way defend herself from these two large, aggressive, out of control thugs, er, policemen... no, thugs.

This type of shit just makes me so sick to my stomach. Anyone who is paying attention must be living their life in fear. I know I do almost every day because of this shit. I hate to have to rely on the fact that I'm female and white and look a certain way in order to avoid being harassed, jailed, beaten, or worse. I know Oscar Grant is big in the news right now, but the fact is that this shit just goes way beyond that. Always has, always will?

So here I am doing my part to get the word out about this despicable, retched, evil shit. These two men should go to jail for a long time for their abuses of power and hurting such a young, helpless person for what, kicking a shoe at them? Give me a fucking break! If you are so inclined, please go to the Seattle police web site and send them a message telling them that we will not stand for this bullshit! That the officers responsible for this should be taken off of paid leave and jailed as anyone else would be.

If we don't stand up to this shit, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment