Feb 13, 2009

Which Way Does the Dancer Turn?


This shit is driving me insane! Okay, so look at the picture of the spinning lady and tell me which way she's going: clockwise or counter-clockwise? I'm not going to tell you what I see, because I don't want to influence you all. But please comment and tell me which way you see this shit going! Because apparently I'm in the minority (at least according to the web site this shit is on).

And if you want to know why this is important (although I'm not exactly sure why this is important even after reading the article accompanying it) click here. It's got something to do with right brain versus left brain... either way, it's a cool little game. And also, if you can get it spin both ways, you're insane. In my opinion, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That was not what I expected. My brain DEMANDED that it only goes clockwise until I focused on the heel of the straight leg with a ridiculous amount of concentration and looked away. I finally managed to get it switched but the only "logical" position is clockwise to my perception. Every time I look back it's clockwise. I'm notoriously bad at optical illusions anyway.

    But by no means does this make me a "risk taker."

    ~ JLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I got it to spin the other way by staring at her head, but it only lasted about three seconds! Argh!!

    ReplyDelete